"The situation today is much better and calm as compared to the previous days. In the last few days, many officers as well as President Joko Widodo and the Indonesian police chief visited the area," security officer of the Kampung Melayu Bus Station Muhammad Khadafi said here on Saturday (May 27).
The bus station was closed from Wednesday to Friday, as investigation was ongoing.
Despite his concern over the incident that claimed the lives of three police officers and injured 10 people, Khadafi said he will carry out his daily activities as a security officer at the bus station.
Several transportation vehicles, such as Kopaja, Metro Mini, and Mikrolet, have been operated since yesterday.
President Joko Widodo (Jokowi) and Vice President M. Jusuf Kalla had earlier paid a visit to the scene of the two bomb explosions in Kampung Melayu on Thursday evening after visiting the wounded victims at the Kramat Jati Police Hospital.
"As this is an urgent matter, I have just now ordered the coordinating minister for political, security, and legal affairs to immediately complete the revision of the anti-terrorism law, so that law enforcers will have a stronger foundation to act, especially by taking preventive measures," Presiden Jokowi stated.
He also called on Indonesians across the country to remain calm following the suicide bomb attack.
Moreover, the Indonesian Ulema Council (MUI) has strongly condemned the suicide bomb attack at the bus terminal.
"Whoever the perpetrators were, they are human beings who have lost their humanitarian values. This is indeed a very cruel and saddening humanitarian tragedy," Zainut Tauhid Saadi, the deputy chairman of MUI, noted.
(Reported by Dyah Dwi A./Uu.B019/INE/KR-BSR/A014)