Only law enforcement operation code-named "operasi Nemangkawi" is currently being conducted in the district, he said here on Friday.
The "operasi Nemangkawi" was launched after an armed criminal group shot dead civilians in Nduga, he said.
Therefore, he asked local residents not to take refuge and believe in hoaxes.
The security agencies will continue to conduct law enforcement operations in the district because the armed criminal group attacked not only civilians but also security personnel. As a result, construction projects in the district were disrupted, he said.
Asked about the residents who have fled their homes, he said their number could not be known exactly because the security personnel were denied access to meet them.
"Right now, military and police personnel are not allowed to meet the so-called refugee community," he said.
Last year, the armed criminal group led by Egianus Kogoya shot dead and murdered tens of civilians in several parts of Nduga district including employees of construction firm PT Istaka Karya.
Reporting by Evarukdijati
Editing by Suharto