"In total, 36 people were arrested. Densus 88 continues to spread out and hunt every suspect,” Iqbal stated here on Wednesday.
The recent incident involving the stabbing of Coordinating Minister for Political, Legal, and Security Affairs Wiranto in Pandeglang, Banten Province, prompted the arrests.
Tens of people were held in detention, including two female police officers indicated of exposure to radical indoctrination, he remarked.
Through the application of massive strategies, the Indonesian Police (Polri) has, until now, been able to arrest and concurrently pull the plug on terror acts planned by those terror groups.
Related news: Two suspects behind knife attack on Wiranto detained
Related news: Indonesia's top security minister Wiranto stabbed in Pandeglang
Detailed herewith are the police arrests made until now:
1. Syahrial Alamsyah, Fitri Andriana, and Ratu Ayu arrested in Pandeglang.
2. Ahmad Taufiqurrahman and Zafiq Ali Ibrahim arrested in Bali.
3. Syamsudin, alias Jack Sparrow, arrested in Manado.
4.Taufik Hidayat and Devi Rusdiwarni arrested in Cengkareng, Banten.
5. Seven people -- Wahyu Budi Nugraha, Nurdin, Adi Ali Sapari, Juju Jurharyanti, Muhammad Nur Alinudin, Dendi Permana, and Rizal Fathurrahman – arrested in Bandung, West Java.
6. Rohis arrested in Jambi.
7. Yusuf Firdaus, Beni Asri, Bridalul Fajri, Lufi Trioni and Susanto arrested in Cirebon, West Java.
8. In Lampung, Noval, Aul Putra, Tri Haryono, Yunus, M. Rifki, and Ubaidira were arrested.
9. Awaludin was arrested in Poso.
10. In Central Java Province, Trisyono, Ma'rifah Hasanah, Abdul Karim, Jaelani Ahmad Sarwani, and Pangerudin Abdul Aziz were arrested.
11. In East Java Province, Rizky Kurniawan and Anisa Primahapsa were arrested.
On the previous day, Brigadier General Dedi Prasetyo, also spokesman of the Indonesia Police (Polri), revealed that Densus 88 had placed in detention 26 terror suspects in several regions on October 10-15, 2019.
"In total, 26 suspects in cases of terror crimes were arrested by Densus 88 until today," Prasetyo remarked here on Tuesday.
In the meantime, in last September, Densus 88 had detained nine suspected terrorists in Tambun, West Java, and Cilincing, Central Jakarta, allegedly members of the Jamaah Ansharut Daulah (JAD).
Related news: Wiranto attacker had not identified target of attack: Police
Related news: Most terror suspects pledged loyalty online: Police