BNI to dispense dividends worth Rp3.85 trillion

BNI to dispense dividends worth Rp3.85 trillion

BNI's newly appointed board of directors held a press conference in Jakarta on Thursday (Feb 20, 2020) (ANTARA/Citro Atmoko)

Jakarta (ANTARA) - State-owned lender PT Bank Negara Indonesia (BNI) has decided to pay out 25 percent of its last year's net profit of Rp15.38 trillion as dividends.

"The RUPST (annual general meeting of the bank's shareholders) agreed to distribute dividends worth Rp3.85 trillion, or 25 percent of the bank's net profit of Rp15.38 trillion in 2019 and set aside the remaining 75 percent as retained earnings," BNI Vice President Director Anggoro Eko Cahya stated during a press conference here on Thursday.

The RUPST also reached a decision to reshuffle the bank's boards of directors and commissioners. BNJ shareholders agreed to appoint Herry Sidharta as president director to replace Achmad Baiquni.

Sidharta was formerly the bank's vice president director. He was succeeded by Anggoro Eko Cahyo, who earlier held the post of consumer director.

The meeting also agreed to appoint former Bank Indonesia (BI) governor Agus D. W. Martowardojo as BNI's chief commissioner. Related news: BI pushes loan growth down to 9-11%

Related news: Covid-19 hampers global economic recovery: BI