Suspected COVID-19 patient discharged from Jakarta hospital

Suspected COVID-19 patient discharged from Jakarta hospital

Director for Medical and Nursing Affairs at Jakarta's Sulianti Saroso Infectious Disease Hospital (RSPI) Dyani Kusumowardhani (middle) (ANTARA/ Zubi Mahrofi)

The patient has been examined twice and the results show that the patient is healthy. The patient has also had no direct contacts with COVID-19 case 1 and COVID-19 case 2
Jakarta (ANTARA) - A patient has been discharged from Jakarta's Sulianti Saroso Infectious Disease Hospital (RSPI) after a thorough medical examination confirmed that the patient is healthy and no longer infected with the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19).

Following the discharge of this patient, the RSPI is currently treating nine COVID-19 suspected patients, RSPI's Director for Medical and Nursing Affairs Dyani Kusumowardhani told journalists here on Tuesday.

The discharged patient had been treated in an observation ward for one week. Based on the results of two clinical examinations, the patient was confirmed to be free of the infection and displayed no symptoms of COVID-19, she said.

"The patient has been examined twice and the results show that the patient is healthy. The patient has also had no direct contacts with COVID-19 case 1 and COVID-19 case 2," Kusumowardhani said.

Six of nine patients currently being treated at the RSPI's isolation wards have been confirmed to have been infected by the deadly virus, while three others remain under the hospital's observation after suffering symptoms, including fever, cough, and shortness of breath, she said.

The Indonesian government has put in place precautionary measures since the early stage of the coronavirus outbreak, which first struck the Chinese city of Wuhan at the end of December 2019.

In addition to installing thermal scanners at the country's airports and seaports, as well as making preparations at hospitals across the archipelago, the Indonesian government repatriated several hundred citizens.

On February 2, 238 Indonesian nationals were airlifted from Wuhan, China, to then be quarantined in Natuna District's Riau Islands Province. All of these Indonesians were found to be healthy and reunited with their families.

The Indonesian government also repatriated 188 Indonesians employed as crew members of the cruise ship World Dream Liner, and 69 Indonesians employed as cabin crew on the Diamond Princess cruise ship.

The World Dream cruise ship's crew members and 69 cabin crew of the Diamond Princess had been sent to Sebaru Kecil Island, Jakarta's Thousand Islands, for a 14-day quarantine.

On March 2, 2020, President Jokowi declared that two Indonesians had tested positive for COVID-19. They were quarantined in an isolated room at the Jakarta-based Sulianti Saroso Infectious Diseases Hospital.

The deadly virus outbreak, which has spread to 109 countries and territories around the world, has claimed at least 3,882 lives – most of whom are in China – and infected over 111,400 people worldwide.

The Indonesian authority has reported that there have been 19 confirmed COVID-19 cases within the country, as of Monday afternoon.

Related news: Minister forecasts budget deficit to reach 2.2-2.5 percent of GDP

Related news: Facilities on Galang Island to be improved in two weeks

(INE)
 

Comments