“Today, we got 13 more positive cases. One of them from Bungus Sub-district, which previously had no coronavirus case," Padang Mayor Mahyeldi said here on Wednesday.
Therefore, non-Padang residents are being denied entry to the city over fears that they could contract a COVID-19 infection and transmit the virus to others after returning from Padang, he informed.
He said people who have tested positive for COVID-19 are residing in the city's 49 urban communities.
The Mayor said 38 of the confirmed coronavirus cases have been reported from East Padang Sub-district, 24 from Lubuk Begalung Sub-district, 18 from Kuranji Sub-district, 18 from Koto Tangah Sub-district, 9 from South Padang Sub-district, 11 from Pauh Sub-district, 4 from Lubuk Kilangan Sub-district, 1 from Bungus Teluk Kabung Sub-district, and 2 from Nanggalo Sub-district.
Head of the City Health Office, Ferimulyani Hamid, said coronavirus can affect anybody, and it poses a bigger threat to the elderly, pregnant women, sick people, and people with weak immunity.
Related news: 143 Indonesian crew of Costa Smeralda cruise ship return home
Related news: COVID-19 inpatients treated at Jakarta Emergency Hospital drop to 723