Indonesian embassy repatriates 1,928 citizens from Syria

London (ANTARA News) - The Indonesian Embassy in Damascus has last year repatriated 1,928 Indonesian citizens, including seven university students, from conflict-torn Syria, Rahmat Hindiarta Kusuma, the embassy`s third secretary, told ANTARA in London on Friday.

Rahamat said that the repatriation, as part of the embassy care and protection for Indonesians overseas, comprised 42 families of the embassy, 80 school and university students, 1,786 housemaids and 20 others of different professions.

Of the number, a total of 1,582 were flown to Indonesia through the Indonesian government`s assistance program facility.

Besides, the Indonesian embassy in Damascus has also extended its assistance to help handle at least 2,540 cases involving Indonesian citizens in Syria, including 225 wage cases.

About 82 percent of the cases have been settled, while the remaining 18 percent, such as stay permit and wage cases, are in the process of settlement.
(A014)

Comments