New directors of PT MRT Jakarta undergoing proper test

New directors of PT MRT Jakarta undergoing proper test

Basuki Tjahaja Purnama. (ANTARA)

"We already have the candidates but we could not yet announce the names."
Jakarta (ANTARA News) - Deputy Governor of Jakarta Basuki Tjahaja Purnama said the candidates for new members of the board of directors of PT MRT Jakarta, have yet to undergo fit and proper test.

Fit and proper test is being held by the city administration to select new directors to lead the company, which will build the Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) project in the city.

"We already have the candidates but we could not yet announce the names," Basuki said here on Wednesday.

He said there are four candidates to take over the post of directors of the company, which owned by the city administration.

They are not Jakarta city civil servants but they have working backgrounds in the transport ministry and the state enterprises ministry as well as to the state railway company PT PT Kereta Api Indonesia (KAI), he said.

He said by the end of March all positions in the board of directors would be occupied that construction of the project could start immediately.

No need to hold a shareholders meeting to select the new leaders of the company, he said, adding "I think we could it through interviews to save time."

The only director remaining active after the reorganization of the company management is finance and administration director Erlan Hidayat.

The city administration has said it is set to push for immediate implementation of the mega project which have been delayed for years.

Jakarta Governor Joko Widodo (Jokowi) had pledged to wrap up all works related to administrative matters this month.

Last Monday, Jokowi announced dismissal the old board of directors for failing to make progress toward implementation of the project.

"I have been waiting for five months. I don`t want to wait any longer," he said.

Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) has pledged a loan of Rp15 trillion to finance the project.

The cost will be 51 percent to be paid by the central government with the city administration to pay for the remaining 49 percent.

The Jakarta administration has asked JICA not only provide the finance but also to be involved in the project such as in consultancy, Sutanto Soehodo , a deputy governor for transport said.

Soetanto said the Jakarta city administration had asked JICA to send in a team of experts especially in mass transport management.

"JICA promised to study the request," he said.

Chief Representative of JICA Indonesia Office Kohara Motofumi said "we are ready to expand cooperation on consultancy service and management."

In the first phase, work will cover the route from Lebak Bulus-Bundaran Hotel Indonesia (HI) to be continued to Kampung Bandan including elevated and underground tracks.
(Uu.H-ASG/A014)

Comments