Minister dismisses "SKK Migas" deputy chief

Minister dismisses "SKK Migas" deputy chief

Johannes Widjonarko (ANTARA FOTO/Suryanto)

Jakarta (ANTARA News) - Energy and Mineral Resources Minister Sudirman Said has dismissed Upstream Oil and Gas Regulatory Special Task Force (SKK Migas) Deputy Chief Johannes Widjonarko.

In his open letter to SKK Migas employees on Thursday, Widjonarko said his dismissal was stipulated in the Decree of the Minister of Energy and Mineral Resources No.0041K/73/MEM/2015.

"All my colleagues of whom I am proud of; on this occasion, my family and I want to say goodbye that with the issuance of the Decree of the Minister of Energy and Mineral Resources No.0041K/73/MEM/2015, I have, since January 8, 2015, been honorably discharged from the post of SKK Migas deputy chief," Widjonarko stated in the letter.

He was appointed as SKK Migas deputy chief on August 2, 2012, and his tenure would end on January 8, 2015.

Widjonarko also briefly served as acting head of SKK Migas from August 2013 to November 2014 to replace Rudi Rubiandini who was earlier named suspect in a bribery case by the Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK).

His appointment at the time was in line with the presidential decree to avoid a vacuum in the oil and gas industry.

Rudi Rubiandini was discharged as head of SKK Migas and had been replaced by his deputy, Johannes Widjonarko in line with a presidential decision.

In accordance with the presidential decision, private companies would not hesitate to conduct their businesses in Indonesia as the new head of SKK Migas would carry out his job as usual.

(O001/INE)
EDITED BY INE
(T.SYS/B/KR-BSR/F001) 

Comments