Jakarta (ANTARA) - The National Police Commission (Kompolnas) commended the security policy and strategy implemented by Indonesian Ambassador to Germany, Arief Havas Oegroseno, for the upcoming polling day.

“Engaging external security on the voting day (on February 10 in Germany) is positive with regard to respecting local cultural adaptation,” Pudji Hartanto Iskandar, one of the Kompolnas delegates who recently visited Germany, stated.

Kompolnas also suggested that the National Police collaborate with the Overseas Election Committee (PPLN) to anticipate any potential security disturbance on the voting day, he said in a statement from the commission on Tuesday (January 23).

Iskandar visited Germany to observe the preparations for the upcoming polling day along with his four colleagues from the commission: the delegation head Albertus Wahyurudhanto, Yusuf Warsyim, Mohammad Dawam, and Musa Ikipson Tampubolon.

During the visit, they were received by Ambassador Arief Havas Oegroseno who said that the German government has allowed Indonesia to hold election-related activities in Berlin, Hamburg, and Frankfurt.

ANTARA reported earlier that PPLN in Berlin has announced that eligible voters in Germany could vote through postal service on January 10 or at ballot booths on February 10.

According to Head of PPLN-Berlin Roni Susman, Germany’s postal service was reliable, so the ballot papers were expected to be received by the Overseas Polling Station Working Committee (KPPSLN) within a day.

"This is due to the fact that Germany's postal service is so good that Indonesia's General Elections Commission (KPU) disagrees on a proposed opening for mobile ballot boxes," he added.

The PPLN-Berlin recorded that 4,049 registered voters would cast their votes at voting booths, while 496 voters would do so through postal service, Susman remarked.

Some 1,075 of the 4,545 registered voters are concentrated in Berlin, he noted, adding that PPLN-Berlin serves voters in Berlin, Brandenburg, Sachsen-Anhalt, Niedersachsen, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, and Thüringen.

Some 60 percent of the total number of voters in Berlin are university students, while the remaining 40 percent are employees.

Susman noted that PPLN had received the election logistics on December 29, 2023.

Related news: Ballot booth vote-casting by Germany's Indonesians on Feb 10: PPLN

Translator: Laily R, Rahmad Nasution
Editor: Anton Santoso
Copyright © ANTARA 2024