Yusril was sure judge would reject all claims

Yusril was sure judge would reject all claims

The chairperson of the legal counsel team of the presidential candidate Jokowi-Ma'ruf, Yusril Ihza Mahendra, after the hearing of the verdict of the electoral dispute at the Constitutional Court, Jakarta, Thursday (June (27, 2019). (ANTARA/Boyke Ledy Watra)

Jakarta (ANTARA) - The chairman of Jokowi-Ma'ruf Amin's legal team, Yusril Ihza Mahendra, was sure that the constitutional judge would reject all claims from the presidential candidate pair, Prabowo Subianto - Sandiaga Uno. "So far none of the evidence proves the existence of violations or that fraud has occurred," Yusril said, after the hearing of the decision of the electoral dispute trial, at the Constitutional Court here on Thursday.

All evidence presented by Prabowo-Sandi's attorney was countered by the defendant's legal team, namely the Indonesian General Election Commission.

"From what has been read out, the evidence was countered by the General Election Commission's (KPU) attorney, also by the the Elections Supervisory Agency (Bawaslu), and rejected by the panel of judges," he said.

The remaining lawsuit to be read after the break would also be rejected by the panel of judges, Yusril believed.

"So half has been read. Just the matter of Ma'ruf Amin's relation with some State-Owned Enterprises (BUMN). I think it won't be long, another hour and it’s over," he said.

He urged presidential candidates Prabowo-Sandi to accept gracefully the decision of the Constitutional Court judge.

"It has been given an opportunity that we are not obstructing. The trial has been open to the public, so if the application is rejected, do not blame anyone," Yusril said.

Related news: Do not blaspheme, spread slander over ruling: MK Chief Judge

Related news: Subianto, Uno get together to follow Constitutional Court's ruling

Related news: MUI seeks nation's acceptance on MK ruling to end dispute


Comments