The work-from-home policy had been promulgated in response to the state of emergency declared by the National Disaster Mitigation Agency (BNPB) over the COVID-19 outbreak, said Minister of Administrative and Bureaucratic Reforms, Tjahjo Kumolo, on Monday in Jakarta.
"In essence, there will be no holiday for the next three weeks. (All state apparatuses) must continue to work. We have asked the secretary general, the ministerial secretary, all regional government secretaries, and regional heads to continuously monitor all state apparatuses," he said.
The government has left the implementation of the work-from-home policy to each regional head, so they can take into account the situation in their region and developments reported by the COVID-19 task force to tailor the policy to their needs, he said.
"Not all of them (regional work-from-home policies) will automatically be the same, if we look at the spread of COVID-19 in each region," he said.
Secretary of the Administrative and Bureaucratic Reforms Ministry Dwi Wahyu Atmaji said the extension of the work-from-home period was set forth in a ministerial circular (number 34 of 2020).
The first work-from-home period will end on Tuesday (March 31, 2020).
The decision to extend the work-from-home period will be evaluated periodically by taking into account developments related to the spread of COVID-19, he said.
Related news: Government to offer economic stimulus to MSMEs affected by COVID-19
Related news: Jokowi urges regional heads to tighten entry of Jabodetabek travelers