Siak District: Three PDPs who died test negative for COVID-19

Siak District: Three PDPs who died test negative for COVID-19

Chief of the Siak District Health Office, Toni Chandra. 

We hope the remaining two patients test negative for COVID, based on the swab test. Since the coronavirus outbreak hit Siak District, the local government has made every effort to avert the transmission of the virus (among the people).
Siak, Riau (ANTARA) - Three out of the five patients under surveillance (PDP) who died in Siak District, Riau Province, have tested negative for the novel coronavirus based on the result of their swab test, a health official said.

Two of the three patients who died were senior citizens and one was an infant, chief of the Siak District Health Office, Toni Chandra, said here on Tuesday.

The result of the swab test on the other patients under surveillance has not been announced, he said.

The bodies of two patients were to be buried at a local cemetery under the COVID-19 protocol. However, since they had tested positive for COVID-19 in the rapid test, the hospital where they were admitted took the bodies to another cemetery for burial, he informed.

"The other patient under surveillance from Siak was a senior citizen. He was also buried at a cemetery for Indonesians of Chinese descent," he stated.

Following the death of the three patients under surveillance, their relatives and local residents were quarantined.

One of the patients who died had earlier shown an early symptom of stroke and suffered from a throat ailment. He was more than 50 years old.

"We hope the remaining two patients test negative for COVID, based on the swab test. Since the coronavirus outbreak hit Siak District, the local government has made every effort to avert the transmission of the virus (among the people)," Chandra said. (INE)

Related news: President orders immediate rapid tests on individuals over COVID-19
Related news: COVID-19: Wedding parties dispersed in South Sulawesi
Related news: State, private hospitals ready to contain COVID-19: Government


 

 

 

 

Comments