1,023 Indonesian pilgrims have left for Umrah so far: deputy minister

1,023 Indonesian pilgrims have left for Umrah so far: deputy minister

A screenshot of Deputy Minister of Religious Affairs, Zainut Tauhid Sa'adi, at a working meeting with Commission VIII of the House of Representatives in Jakarta on Thursday (January 13, 2022). (ANTARA/Asep Firmansyah/uyu)

The ministry always gives socialization to the pilgrims to always obey all health protocols imposed by both Indonesia and Saudi Arabia...
Jakarta (ANTARA) - At least 1,023 Indonesian pilgrims left for Umrah in Saudi Arabia from January 8–11, 2022, Deputy Minister of Religious Affairs, Zainut Tauhid Sa'adi, told Commission VIII of the House of Representatives here on Thursday.

At least 870 pilgrims underwent centralized health screening at Pondok Gede Hajj Dormitory, Jakarta, before leaving for Saudi Arabia, he said during a working meeting with Commission VIII.

Currently, most of them are undergoing five-day quarantine, in accordance with the health protocols of Saudi Arabia, he added.

"The Umrah Organizers (PPIUs) had reported that the results of the pilgrims’ first COVID-19 PCR test amid the isolation period in Saudi Arabia were all negative," the deputy minister informed.

Furthermore, pilgrims who left from Pondok Gede Hajj Dormitory under the One-Gate Policy boarded Lion Air, Saudia, and Emirates flights, he said.

Meanwhile, pilgrims who carried out health screening outside the Hajj dormitory used Qatar Airlines, he added.

Related news: Indonesia waiting for confirmation for Hajj: deputy minister

"Thus, there were pilgrims who were not dispatched through the One-Gate Policy," Sa'adi noted.

The Religious Affairs Ministry has consistently reminded pilgrims to continue to comply with the health protocols to minimize the risk of being exposed to COVID-19, especially considering that the Omicron variant can spread faster, he said.

"The ministry always gives socialization to the pilgrims to always obey all health protocols imposed by both Indonesia and Saudi Arabia as well as to maintain order, health, and safety," he said.

Meanwhile, regarding the implementation of Hajj, the deputy minister said that the ministry is still waiting for confirmation from the Saudi Arabian government.

In November 2021, the Indonesian government had coordinated with the Saudi Arabian authorities to get the confirmation, he added. 

Related news: Ministry asks Umrah operators to follow One Gate Policy



Comments