The number is consistent with our 2022 onboarding target, which is 20 million MSMEs
Jakarta (ANTARA) - The Ministry of Co-operatives and Small and Medium Enterprises announced that some 20.76 million MSMEs gained access to digital platforms by 2022, reaching 69.2 percent of the 30-million MSMEs' onboarding target in 2024.

Ministry's Secretary Arif Rahman Hakim said that some 12.76 million MSMEs, equal to 32.3 percent of the 2024 target, had gained digital access since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic.

"The number is consistent with our 2022 onboarding target, which is 20 million MSMEs," Hakim stated here on Friday .

He noted that the ministry targets 24 million more MSMEs to gain digital access in 2023.

Related news: Over 900,000 MSME products added to LKPP's e-catalog: minister

The ministry has coordinated with various government institutions and private enterprises to help more MSMEs gain digital access, the official remarked.

Hakim said that regional authorities have also expressed their commitment to assisting the ministry in the digitalization process, with onboarding targets having been divided between the two.

He noted that while regional authorities are expected to fulfil 60 percent of the annual target, the ministry would fulfil the rest of the 40 percent.

"Efforts to identify target MSMEs through various platforms and programmes have also been initiated by recording and setting the target per platform as well as through matchmaking programmes," Hakim remarked.

Related news: State finance aims for women's empowerment in MSMEs: Minister

To reach the 30-million MSMEs digitalization target set by President Joko Widodo, the ministry is assisted by project management offices (PMO) teams that have set up dashboards to monitor the development of MSMEs after their inclusion in the digital platform, the ministry's secretary stated.

Apart from conceiving concrete measures to accelerate the MSMEs onboarding process, the teams would also prepare data monitoring system integration between stakeholders, primary data standardisation, and the next digi-tech implementation for MSMEs in Indonesia, he remarked.

Related news: MSMEs still backbone of national economy: KSP

Related news: No cash assistance for MSMEs in 2023: SMEs Minister

Translator: Sinta Ambarwati, Nabil Ihsan
Editor: Fardah Assegaf
Copyright © ANTARA 2022