"We are holding a discussion tonight at the ministry to review this matter," Abdul Mu'ti said in a statement after attending a Plenary Cabinet Meeting at the Presidential Palace on Sunday.
He explained that his ministry would announce the potential implementation of distance learning following the meeting on Sunday evening.
Meanwhile, the Jakarta Manpower, Transmigration, and Energy Services had previously issued Circular Letter Number e-0014/SE/2025 recommending that employees work from home (WFH).
Cyril Raoul Hakim, Special Staff to the Governor and Deputy Governor of Jakarta for Public Communications, confirmed on Sunday that the WFH recommendation for company employees in Jakarta is situational.
"This recommendation, especially for companies located near demonstration sites, is situational and not mandatory," Hakim said. He added that WFH implementation is adjusted to the needs of each company.
The circular also states that companies providing continuous services to the public can adopt a combination of WFH and on-site work policies.
Demonstrations in front of the House of Representatives and People's Consultative Assembly (DPR/MPR) complex are expected to continue from September first to fifth, according to circulars circulating on social media and messaging platforms.
Related news: Prabowo vows to hear public demands, defend free expression
Related news: Prabowo, Gibran lead cabinet meeting on national stability
Translator: Mentari Dwi Gayati/Andi Firdaus, Katriana
Editor: Primayanti
Copyright © ANTARA 2025