Agung Laksono registers Golkar party`s board to Justice Ministry

Jakarta (ANTARA News) - Agung Laksono officially registered the Golkar Partys new board at the Ministry of Justice and Human Rights here on Tuesday for legitimization after the ministry recently recognized his leadership despite rival Aburizal Bakries claim.

"We have officially registered some 277 members of our board," Lawrence TP Suburian, head of the law affairs of the Golkar Party that was formed under Laksono at a congress in Ancol, Jakarta, said after submitting a copy of the executive board document.

He considered it as the largest ever board in the history of the Golkar Party, one of the largest political parties in Indonesia.

He remarked that as recommended by the Golkar Partys tribunal, some members from the board that was set up by rival leader Bakrie during a congress in Bali have been accommodated on the new board.

So, members from the Ancol congress constitute 90 percent of the new board while those from the Bali congress form the remaining 10 percent.

Lawrence observed that the proportion can change as the board will become effective only by the middle of 2016, when an extraordinary congress will be held.

Earlier, associate chairman of the Ancol congress Leo Nababan visited the ministry at around 9 A.M. to register the board. However, he left before Lawrence came out of the ministry building.

Confirming the development, Leo stated that today, the Golkar officially submitted the list of its new board members and will wait for its legitimization.

He added that although he did not personally meet Justice Minister Yasonna Laoly, the list has been "formally submitted."

He confirmed that some members are from the Bali congress board. "The members are not only from the Ancol congress faction; the command is in the hands of Laksono," he explained.

He expressed hope that the Golkar Party will remain united and provide an opportunity for anyone wishing to join it under the leadership of Laksono.

Bakrie has protested Minister Laolys decision recognizing Laksonos leadership and has filed a lawsuit at the West Jakarta court.(*)

Comments