"After the July 29`s quakes we have continued observations. According to the result of the monitoring, there are indeed frequent aftershocks but the magnitude is declining," an official of the Denpasar BMKG Melki Adi Kurniawan said here on Friday.
Melki Adi Kurniawan said based on the observation of the agency there was an increase in the frequency of aftershocks but the impact was not as serious as the damage caused several days earlier.
"Therefore, we want to assure tourists and the local people that no need for them to be worried too much as the quakes in Lombok have no significant effect in Bali," he said.
The authorities said the death toll already reached 259 until Friday following the Aug 5 quake, but no foreign tourists among the death victims.
Melki said the condition in Bali was not affected by the aftershocks that continued to rock the neighboring island of Lombok.
Beside the death of 259 people, the Aug 5` quakes with a magnitude of 7 on the Richter Scale caused extensive damage with the collapse of 42,239 houses, 1,447 people seriously injured and evacuation of 165,003 people.
Less than 10 days earlier on July 29, a major quake of 6.4 on the Richter scale quake hit Lombok causing the death of 16 people.
On Thursday, a strong aftershock of 6.2 on the Richter scale jolted the island and number of other neighboring islands including Bali.
Reporting by Pande Yudha, Gembong Ismadi
Editing by A Saragih, Suharto