The ministry said in a statement that the death toll of civilians and soldiers is likely to rise as it "was only recorded by the field hospital in southern Tripoli."
Southern Tripoli has been witnessing violent clashes since Monday between government forces and armed militias, Xinhua said.
The reasons for the clashes remained unknown, but there had been growing tensions amid military mobilization in the past days by armed groups from outside and inside the city.
Libyan Interior Minister Abdulsalam Ashour told a local TV channel on Monday that a ceasefire agreement in Tripoli had been reached.
However, clashes renewed on Wednesday despite the announcement, a local security source said.
Editing by: Tia Mutiasari / Boyke S.
Editor: Chaidar Abdullah
Copyright © ANTARA 2018