"Those tsunami victims have not returned to their respective homes," Lt Col Fitriana Nur Heru, chief coordinator of the Pandelgang tsunami emergency response team, said here, Monday.
The emergency camps are located in the sub-districts of Labuan, Carita, Menes, Jiput, Sukaresmi, Pagelaran, Angsana, Panimbang, Cigeulis and Sumur.
They decided to stay in the temporary shelters because they were afraid of another possible tsunami as Mount Anak Krakatau is still very active, he said.
Several victims have lost their homes which are completely destroyed by the tsunami triggered by a flank collapse of Mount Anak Krakatau, Child of legendary Mount Krakatoa.
The southern flank measuring 64 hectares of Mount Anak Krakatau slid into the ocean in the evening of Dec 22, 2018.
Some 20 minutes after the flank collapse, a wall of water roared ashore, sweeping up everything in its path, including boats, tables, and people along coastal regions facing Sunda Strait.
Five districts in Banten Province on Java Island, and Lampung Province on Sumatra Islands, were affected by the volcanic tsunami.
The death toll from the Sunda Strait tsunami reached 430, according to data on Dec 26, 2018. At least 1,495 people were injured, 159 people went missing, and 21,991 others displaced.
Anak Krakatau, situated between the islands of Java and Sumatra, had been undergoing a stuttering eruption since June 18, and alert level 2 status has been declared for it.
The Sunda Strait tsunami was the second major tsunami to have hit Indonesia this year, following a deadly tsunami that was triggered by a powerful earthquake rocking Palu and several other districts in Central Sulawesi Province on September 28, 2018.
Reporting by Mansyur
Editing by Fardah Assegaf, Andi Abdussalam