Police name 30 suspects in Medan suicide bombing

Police name 30 suspects in Medan suicide bombing

Chief of the Public Relations Services of the North Sumatra Provincial Police, Senior Commissioner Tatan Dirsan Atmaja, discloses suspects in the suicide bombing attack at the Medan City Police Station. (ANTARA/Munawar)

As of Tuesday (November 19) at around 02.30 p.m. local time, the total number of suspects is 30.
Medan, N Sumatra (ANTARA) - The police have named 30 suspects in last Wednesday's suicide bomb attack on the Medan City Police Station in North Sumatra Province.

The number of suspects rose to 30 after the National Police's Counterterrorism Squad, Densus 88, arrested four other suspects on Monday night within the jurisdiction of the Medan City Police, Chief of the Public Relations Services of the North Sumatra Provincial Police, Senior Commissioner Tatan Dirsan Atmaja, said at the Bhayangkara Police Hospital in Medan on Tuesday,

"As of Tuesday (November 19) at around 02.30 p.m. local time, the total number of suspects is 30," he said.

He refused to divulge what pieces of evidence had been confiscated from the new suspects.

"The number of suspects is likely to increase since the Densus 88 team in cooperation with the North Sumatra Provincial Police keeps on developing the investigation," he said.

Related news: Densus 88 arrests 46 suspects after Medan suicide bombing

Earlier, the police named 26 suspects. Five of them have been held in custody at the National Police's Mobile Brigade (Brimob) Command Station in North Sumatra and 15 at the North Sumatra Provincial Police Station, while three suspects died and three others are still being questioned.

The last three suspects identified by their initials as C, HB and HI were arrested on Monday. Based on the results of the interrogation, Densus 88 found that HB and HI have the capability to assemble bombs.

The suicide bomber, believed to be a 24-year-old male, identified by his initials as RMN, blew himself up at the Medan City Police Station on Wednesday, November 13, causing injuries to six people, though no fatalities were reported.

Shortly after the incident, the police searched the suspect’s house and questioned his wife and her parents. The police officers confiscated some pieces of evidence, including two green baskets containing dozens of arrows, a pole, and some documents.  Related news: Six terror suspects apprehended in West Java's Cirebon: Police

 

Comments