Bali prepares 363 COVID-19 isolation centers with 5,547 beds

Bali prepares 363 COVID-19 isolation centers with 5,547 beds

COVID-19 patients undertake exercise at an isolation center in Denpasar city. (ANTARA/Ni Luh Rhisma)

Denpasar, Bali (ANTARA) - Bali Province's COVID-19 Handling Task Force along with the district and city governments have prepared 363 centralized isolation facilities with a total bed capacity of 5,547.

"As of September 20 (2021), a total of 1,212 beds (21.85 percent) in centralized isolation facilities have been filled, and there are remaining 4,335 beds (78.15 percent) available," Secretary of the provincial COVID-19 Task Force I Made Rentin said here on Tuesday.

As per the task force's records, 2,239 COVID-19 patients are currently undergoing treatment in Bali province.

"There are those who are being treated at referral hospitals, in centralized isolation facilities, and there are also those who are undergoing self-isolation," Rentin informed.

COVID-19 positive patients with mild or no symptoms are undergoing treatment in centralized isolation facilities, he said.

Meanwhile, COVID-19 patients with moderate and severe symptoms are being treated at referral hospitals, he added. As of Monday (September 20, 2021), the number of such patients reached 604, or 26.98 percent of the total active cases in the province, he informed.

Related news: No Java-Bali districts, cities at Level 4 PPKM: minister

"Meanwhile, 423 people are undergoing self-isolation (18.89 percent)," Rentin said.

Up till now, six out of the nine districts and cities in the province have been deemed as orange zone or areas with moderate risk, he added. The six areas include Badung, Gianyar, Klungkung, Bangli, Tabanan Districts and Denpasar City, he said.

Meanwhile, areas deemed yellow zones, or with low infection risk, include Jembrana, Karangasem, and Buleleng Districts, he added.

Providing details on COVID-19 vaccinations in the provinces, Rentin said that as many as 3,276,382 Bali residents had received the first vaccine dose.

Meanwhile, 2,408,038 people have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and 29,267 have received the booster or third vaccine dose, he disclosed.

"Despite having been vaccinated against COVID-19, we urge the public not to make a crowd and to limit social activities in accordance with the applicable regulations," Rentin said.

Related news: ITDC pushes consistent PeduliLindungi screening at The Nusa Dua

 

 

Comments