PON Papua

Preparations for Papua PON opening ceremony 95% complete: official

Preparations for Papua PON opening ceremony 95% complete: official

An aerial photo of Lukas Enembe Stadium at the Kampung Harapan Sports Complex, East Sentani sub-district, Jayapura district, Papua, on August 14, 2021. The stadium, which can accommodate more than 40 thousand spectators, will be the venue for the opening and closing ceremony of the 2021 PON XX . (ANTARA FOTO/M Agung Rajasa/wsj) (ANTARA FOTO/M Agung Rajasa)

There is no problem in opening ceremony preparation, 95 percent secured and ready to be held tomorrow
Jayapura (ANTARA) - The preparations for the opening ceremony of the National Sports Week (PON) XX  in Papua have reached 95-percent completion on Friday (October 1, 2021), Papua PON XX daily chairman Yunus Wonda has confirmed.

“The preparation for the opening ceremony has achieved 95 percent. Why I said so, because the remaining 5 percent will be on the day of the ceremony. So, we can say it has already reached 100 percent,” Wonda told ANTARA after the welcoming and releasing of the Papua PON fire parade in the mayor office front yard here on Friday.

He appealed to all parties to continue to maintain the security situation during the Papua PON opening ceremony on Saturday.

“There is no problem in opening ceremony preparation, 95 percent secured and ready to be held tomorrow,” he affirmed.


Related news: Papua PON: Leonardo bags gold in Speed WR sport climbing

The opening ceremony will tell the story of Papua in the past, present, and future, he revealed.

“So, it will tell the lives of the Papuan people in the past with its traditional culture, then their lives in the present times, and the young generation in the future,” he said.

“We took it as the theme aimed at reviving the Papuan children for the future,” he added.

Related news: BNPB to ensure Papua PON safe from COVID-19 case surge

Papua PON XX can serve as an opportunity for Papuan children to revive the sports sector, Wonda said, adding that all training venues for them have now been built by the provincial, regional, and central government.

“They probably had to search for the training field outside Papua after all this time due to the lack of sports facilities here. Today, all of the sports facilities are really ready in Papua, even, they are of international standards,” he noted.

The PON Committee has enforced restrictions on the spectator count for the games, Wonda said, adding that those who have got a slot to watch the opening ceremony of Papua PON XX will need to show their vaccination certificates.

“The main requirement to enter the venue is the vaccination certificate,” he stressed.

Related news: Students learning online while schools temporarily closed: Mayor


Related news: Raharjati Nursyamsa surpasses Veddriq Leonardo's climbing world record

Comments