The 2023 IBEA, an awards event for companies in the electricity sector, also seeks to encourage the green energy transition in Indonesia, he added.
According to Mulyana, around 86 percent of the energy used in Indonesia comes from fossils, while the remaining 14 percent is derived from new and renewable energy.
Meanwhile, energy fossil fuels used in Indonesia are also dominated by coal, which accounts for 66 percent of the fuel consumption, and it is also the largest contributor to climate change.
"To fight against the issue (fossil energy dominance), the cooperation of all parties is necessary," he said while concluding the 2023 IBEA event on Thursday.
The parties include the government, SOEs (state-owned enterprises), private sector, academicians, the media, and the broader public, he added.
Managing director of Listrik Indonesia, Irwadhi Marzuki, said that the 2023 IBEA event served as a momentum for all electricity and energy sector entrepreneurs to support the government’s effort to reduce carbon emissions.
This effort is being realized through the new and renewable energy transition.
"The 2023 IBEA gave the highest appreciation to companies and individuals that showed their commitment to developing the country through the electricity and energy sector," he explained.
The highlight of the 2023 IBEA was the selection of winners.
The 2023 IBEA jury board, which comprised 19 experts from the electricity and energy sector, conducted their final evaluation of 30 companies that became the 2023 IBEA finalists through a presentation during a symposium.
The board of juries decided the winners in five featured categories: Best Electricity Supporting Company, Best O&M Company, Best EPC Company, and Best Power Plant Company (Non-Renewable Energy).
Moreover, a special award as well as an appreciation were presented by Listrik Indonesia Magazine.
One of the recipients of the appreciation was the president director of state-owned electric company PT PLN (Persero), Darmawan Prasodjo, who was named “Innovation Leader in Implementing Energy Transition in Indonesia.”
Related news: Minister emphasizes global energy transition at IRENA meeting
Related news: Bolster green economy through renewable energy development: Nazara
Related news: House supporting govt's renewable energy push: legislator