Banda Aceh (ANTARA) - The Class II Sabang Immigration Office, Aceh, has issued administrative immigration action (TAK) and deported three Malaysian nationals for misusing their stay permits.

"They were in Indonesian territory and engaged in activities inconsistent with their stay permits," said the Head of the Class II Sabang Immigration Office, Muchsin Miralza, in Sabang on Sunday.

The three Malaysian nationals, identified as CTY, LZX, and WPH, were repatriated via Sultan Iskandar Muda International Airport in Aceh Besar on an Air Asia flight on Saturday, August 30, at around 6:20 p.m. local time.

Miralza stated that the deportation was granted to the Malaysian nationals because they failed to comply with Indonesian laws and regulations or engaged in activities inconsistent with their stay permits.

He explained that the three Malaysian nationals had previously entered Indonesia using a visa-free visit permit for tourism and socio-cultural activities.

"However, they engaged in activities as diving instructors in the Sabang area," Miralza said.

Meanwhile, Head of the Intelligence and Enforcement Section of the Class II TPI Sabang Immigration Office, Ibnu Riadi, stated that his office, along with relevant agencies within the Foreigner Surveillance Team (PORA), will continue to collaborate to improve oversight and law enforcement regarding the presence and activities of foreigners.

"Solid collaboration and synergy between Immigration and relevant agencies, particularly members of the Sabang City PORA Team, are crucial for ensuring professional and humane supervision of foreign nationals while upholding national interests," Riadi said.

Related news: 15 Chinese workers deported for violating stay permits

Related news: Two Iranians deported over viral theft case in Banten's Serang

Translator: Arie Novarina
Editor: Yuni Arisandy Sinaga
Copyright © ANTARA 2025