"We hope that the Malaysian government could clarify what really happened."
Jakarta (ANTARA News) - The peculiarity surrounding the recent death of three Indonesian migrant workers in Malaysia has become the government`s focus of attention to ask for clarification from the Malaysian side.

The Indonesian government is waiting for clarification from Malaysian authorities regarding the death of three migrant workers who allegedly fell victim to organ thefts, Foreign Minister Marty Natalegawa said here on Tuesday.

"We hope that the Malaysian government could clarify what really happened to erase allegations that the organs of the three murdered Indonesian citizens had been removed," he noted.

Meanwhile, the National Agency for Placement and Protection of Indonesian Migrant Workers (BNP2TKI) and national police have stated to repeat autopsy on migrant workers shot dead in Malaysia, to ensure that no organs of the victims have been removed.

Marty added that he had asked the Malaysian embassy in Jakarta to gather information from relevant parties in Malaysia on the death of the three migrant workers in the Malaysian state of Negeri Sembilan.

"The Malaysian ambassador in Jakarta has promised to provide the Foreign Ministry with the information soon," he said.

Marty also noted that information from the Port Dickson hospital, which conducted autopsies on the three murdered migrant workers, as well as from the police in the Malaysian state of Negeri Sembilan, had thus far provided the most important information.

To obtain this information, the Indonesian embassy in Kuala Lumpur had contacted the hospital, whose officials said the autopsy had been conducted in Malaysia, he said.

"Now we need a repeat autopsy to see if stitches on the three bodies resulted from an autopsy or gunshot wound. This (autopsy) will shed light on the alleged organ theft," he said.

The three ill-fated migrant workers, identified as Herman (34), Abdul Kadir Jailani (25) and Mad Noor (28), were killed after Malaysian police opened fire on them. They allegedly had resisted when police approached them.

The Malaysian police were suspicious of the migrant workers since they wore head covers, masks and carried matches, according to officials.

The bodies of the construction workers in Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia, arrived in their home villages in East Lombok district, West Nusa Tenggara province, on April 12 and were buried there.

Chief of BNP2TKI agency, Jumhur Hidayat, said in Batam, Riau Islands on Tuesday that a repeat autopsy is needed to see the real conditions of the victims.

In the meantime, head of the National Police public relations division, Inspector General Saud Usman Nasution, said on Tuesday, the police would continue with their plan to conduct an autopsy on the victims` bodies.

Jumhur Hidayat said, a BNP2TKI representative in West Nusa Tenggara province was advocating for the families of the victims and had advised them to seek a repeat autopsy, following suspicion that some of the victims` organs had been removed before they were sent home.

According to him, the suspicion must be examined, and not only be speculated upon, to see whether it was true or not.

Jumhur said the police and a hospital could not conduct the autopsy unless there was a request from the families of the victims and, therefore, BNP2TKI had been advising the families to make the request.

"We could not force them to do it, although we wish the autopsy could be done immediately," he explained.

Jumhur said further, the death case of the migrant workers had received full attention from the government, adding that President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono had even contacted him to ask about it.

The families of the three victims suspected that some of the organs of the victims had been removed and sold, because of the stitches found on their eyes, chests, and stomachs. The victims` eyes and other organs were suspected to have been removed.

The families` suspicions were based on the account of Herman who saw the conditions of the victims` bodies at Port Dickson Hospital in Malaysia, before they were shrouded and put into coffins and sent to Indonesia.

Marty also said that he had set up a special team to collect complete and comprehensive information about the deaths of the Indonesian migrant workers.

According to him, the team consisting of expert staff from the Directorate of Protection of Indonesian Citizens and Legal Entities, would soon be sent to Malaysia.

The ministry has contacted the family of one of the victims to express sympathy and extend help, including assistance with regard to the families` intention to demand a repeat autopsy on the victims.

"The government will also help if the families intend to ask for a repeat autopsy to confirm whether or not organs have really been removed," Marty said.

In addition, the Indonesian Embassy`s ranking official in Kuala Lumpur, Mulya Wirana said the embassy will conduct a thorough investigation into the cases of deaths of three Indonesian workers (TKI), who were shot by police in Negeri Sembilan.

Reporter: by Bustanuddin
Editor: Priyambodo RH
Copyright © ANTARA 2012