However, the tender winner would be officially named only on August 10 after all process of procurement has been completed and if no protest from other bidders, state owned port operator PT Pelabuhan Indonesia (Pelindo) II said.
The tender was a follow up of the presidential regulation assigning Pelindo II to build and operate the terminal called New Priok not far from the country`s largest and busiest port of Tanjung Priok, Pelindo II said in a statement today.
Pelindo II already started the process of tender last year for the construction of the new terminal.
Tender was held even before the construction and operation license has been issued by the government as Pelindo is pressed with time to finish the construction of the project in 2014.
Completion of the new port is urgent to reduce congestion in Tanjung Priok which already overused its capacity.
Pelindo II and PP would sign a contract only after concession agreement is signed between Pelindo and the sea transport directorate general.
Pelindo II is still waiting for the concession letter from the sea directorate general.
Transport ministry Evert Ernest Mangindaan has said New Priok terminal is among the priority projects to be built this year.