No Indonesian victims in Czech shooting incident

London (ANTARA News) - The Indonesian Embassy in Prague, the Czech Republic, has confirmed no Indonesian citizen was hurt in the shooting incident that took place in Uhersky Brod City of South Bohemia region on Tuesday.

A 62-year-old man shot and killed eight people in Druzba restaurant in the city at 03:00 p.m. local time on Tuesday (Feb 24).

The local Czech media informed that the shooting occurred in South Bohemia, which is located 290 kilometers away in south eastern Prague, Information Staff at the Indonesian Embassy in Prague said here on Wednesday.

The Czech police are still investigating and have yet to give an official statement on the shooting incident. Police have not yet revealed the identities of the victims.

The embassy is still monitoring the investigation. So far, it has not received any information to suggest that Indonesian citizens were hurt in the shooting incident.

According to media website www.guardian.com, the man killed eight people and shot himself dead.

A witness stated there were 20 people in the restaurant during the shooting incident.

The report noted that several people were wounded and undergoing treatment in hospitals. The condition of a woman was said to be critical.(*)

Comments