"The President sent me to visit the victims at hospitals," Saifuddin said, after visiting three injured Indonesians at An Nur hospital.
He said, initially, the President had planned to visit the victims of the collapsed crane at Haram Mosque of Mecca.
"But Saudi Authorities did not allow a visit, because the area is being sterilized as a result of the collapse of the heavy equipment," the minister said.
The accident took place as President Jokowi and party arrived at King Abdu Aziz International Airport in Jedda.
"The government conveyed its condolences to the families of the victims and those who were injured in the accident," the minister said.
He added that the Indonesian government expressed thanks to the Saudi government over its actions to provide quick medical treatment and professional medical workers.
Two Indonesians have died and 31 others were injured when a construction crane fell at Meccas Grand Mosque, Saudi Arabia, on Friday at 05:30 p.m. local time, officials said.
Religious Affair Minister Lukman Hakim Saifuddin said, while speaking during a live press conference held in Mecca on Saturday, that the injured remain hospitalized at Annoor Hospital and Hajj Healthcare Center in Mecca.
Meanwhile, the bodies of two Indonesians, who were identified as Masnauli Sijuadil Hasibuan, 59, and Iti Rasti binti Darmini, 57, were sent to Ayjad Hospital, also in Mecca.
Minister Saifuddin has also visited hajj pilgrims who had had been cared for at Annoor Hospital.
"Hopefully, they will be better soon and, of course, the government will be paying some compensation for both the injured and dead victims, as regulated in the insurance provisions which were assigned to each of our hajj pilgrims," Saifuddin explained.