TOKYO--(Antara/BUSINESS WIRE)-- Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation today announced a new 4-channel high-efficiency linear power amplifier "TCB701FNG," that meets current market requirement for high efficiency. Sample shipments will start in January, 2018.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20171206006475/en/
With "TCB701FNG," the company has improved on its technology to realize efficiency comparable with a digital high efficiency, class D amplifier in actual operating range (0.5 to 4W). Power consumption is cut by up to 90% of that for a typical class AB amplifier.
The new amplifier also includes a self-diagnosis function with I2C bus control that can diagnose errors and contribute to a suitable set design by changing the detection setting for gain or time constants. It also includes full-time error detection of output DC offset voltage, which can quickly detect abnormal output offset voltage and prevent speaker burnout, improving set reliability.
Part number TCB701FNG
Maximum output 49W×4ch (Vcc=15.2V, RL=4Ω, MaxPower)
Supply voltage 6V to 18V
Total harmonic distortion 0.01% (Pout=0.4W)
Output noise voltage 60μVrms (BW=DIN_AUDIO)
Power consumption Up to 1/10 lower than a typical class AB amplifier
(supply voltage=14.4V in case of 1W output)
Functions and features
* 6V operations
* Full-time error detection for output DC offset voltage
* Anti-high frequency noise
* I2C bus control allows diagnosis of errors such as cross output connection.
* Various detections are selectable from two or more settings, such as a gain, mute time constants and temperature.
* Can be used as both a power amplifier and line output amplifier.
* Various built-in protection circuits (output cross connection, over voltage, and low voltage)
Mixed Signal IC Sales and Marketing Department
Sales and Marketing Group I
* Information in this document, including product prices and specifications, content of services and contact information, is current on the date of the announcement but is subject to change without prior notice.
About Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation
Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation combines the vigor of a new company with the wisdom of experience. Since being spun off from Toshiba Corporation in July 2017, we have taken our place among the leading general devices companies, and offer our customers and business partners outstanding solutions in discrete semiconductors, system LSIs and HDD.
Our 19,000 employees around the world share a determination to maximize the value of our products, and emphasize close collaboration with customers to promote co-creation of value and new markets. We look forward to building on annual sales now surpassing 700-billion yen (US$6 billion) and to contributing to a better future for people everywhere.
Find out more about us at https://toshiba.semicon-storage.com/ap-en/company.html
View source version on businesswire.com: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20171206006475/en/
Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation
Chiaki Nagasawa, +81-3-3457-4963
Digital Marketing division
Source: Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation