No foreigner among dead victims of Sunda Strait tsunami

No foreigner among dead victims of Sunda Strait  tsunami

Tsunami hits Banten on Saturday at 21.27 pm causing damage and deaths. ANTARA FOTO/ Dian Triyuli Handoko/Adm/hp.ANTARA FOTO/Dian Triyuli Handoko (ANTARA FOTO/Dian Triyuli Handoko)

Jakarta (ANTARA News) - The National Disaster Mitigation Agency (BNPB) said there was no foreigners among the dead victims of Saturday`s tsunami that hit coastal areas around the Sunda strait.

Latest report on Sunday said the death toll of the tsunami has risen to 222, and 28 other people were missing with more than 800 others injured.

"There is not foreigner among the dead victims. All Indonesians," head of the Information Data Center and spokesman of the BNPB Sutopo Purwonugroho said here on Sunday evening.

The victims and the damage to property were recorded in four districts - Pandeglang and Serang in Banten, the western province of Java, Lampung Selatan and Tanggamus in southern Sumatra.

Sutopo said the death toll could increase still as not all victims had been evacuated and not all health centers and areas had reported the number of victims they had.



Reporting by Ida Nurcahyani, A Saragih

Editing by Bustanuddin 

Comments