Head of Pontianak's Search and Relief Office Hery Marantika said here Sunday, that the boat departing from Madura for Pontianak was reported to have sunk on Saturday (July 20) at 1:50 a.m. local time.
"We at 23.25 local time deployed rescue team 1. Later today, Sunday at around 7 a.m. this morning, we also sent a rescue team 2. Because of the long distance, team 1 arrived at the location around 03.25, and team 2 arrived at the location around 16.00 today (Sunday)," he said.
The team which included the search and rescue personnel , the Navy, the Water Police, and the Port Authority as well as the boat agent conducted a parallel search in an area covering 208 nautical miles.
He explained that 23 of the 25 passengers had been rescued, and the rest are still in search.
Meanwhile, the search for the four missing crew members of Mega Tug Boat until the sixth day on Saturday (July 207) has not produced results. In an effort to find the crew, the search and rescue team had already dived in the area where the boat sank.
Related news: 17 dead, four missing as Arim Jaya ferry sinks in Madura waters
Related news: Two dead, five missing after MV Nusa Kenari sinks in Alor, NTT