Jakarta (ANTARA) - Health Ministry requires Rp529.3 billion (around US$31.2 million) to renovate health facilities and homes of health workers damaged in the recent floods and landslides in Sumatra.

"Currently, all hospitals and community health centers are operational," Health Minister Budi Gunadi Sadikin said during a meeting with the House of Representatives (DPR) in Jakarta on Wednesday.

He said the ministry needs the funds to renovate around 3,000 health facilities and approximately 8,800 homes of health workers affected by the disaster.

The renovation is expected to restore the damaged facilities to full operational capacity by March 2026.

He added that the funding request had been submitted to President Prabowo Subianto on January 20, along with a request for expedited approval.

The data on affected health workers has been verified by the Health Ministry and the Ministry of Home Affairs.

Budi expressed hope that the funds could be disbursed in March.

During the same meeting, Finance Minister Purbaya Yudhi Sadewa said the requested allocation could be included in the proposed budget for the Disaster Task Force.

He added that of the Rp60 trillion (nearly US$3.6 billion) initially allocated for post-disaster recovery, a substantial portion remains available.

Related news: Indonesia says 280 disaster-hit health facilities back in operation
Related news: Health services in flood-hit Sumatra fully restored, minister says


Translator: Mecca Yumna, Resinta Sulistiyandari
Editor: Anton Santoso
Copyright © ANTARA 2026