Australian tourist dies of electric shock in Bali

Kuta, Bali province (ANTARA News) - An Australian national died from accidental electrocution at Jalan Legian in Kuta on Saturday morning, police said.

"The victim`s name is Jake Mitchell Flannery (18 years old). He was electrocuted during a stroll on a sidewalk at Jalan Legian ," Chief of the Kuta Police Precinct Adjunct Commissioner Gede Ganefo said here on Saturday.

Gede said Flannery was walking on the Jalan Legian sidewalk in northern direction with two of his friends at 02.00 am but near the Fourteen Roses hotel and Joker`s Coffee bar their path was blocked by a pile of pavement blocks.

Flannery saw a narrow space between the pavement block pile and the Joker`s Coffee wall and decided to push himself through it to get to the other side of the barrier.

"But while he was struggling to get through the narrow space he touched the Joker`s Coffee`s neon-box with one hand and grasped a 120-cm tall iron pole with the other hand, It was then that he screamed out and died. He was electrocuted," Gede said.

Up till now, the victim`s body was still at the Sanglah General Hospital.
(Uu.A051/A014)

Comments