Fire at Jakarta`s Airport caused by electric stove: Police

Fire at Jakarta`s Airport caused by electric stove: Police

Photo document of Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport, Cengkareng, Banten-Jakarta. (jakartaairportonline.com)

The fire originated from an electric stove at the fast food restaurant."
Tangerang, Banten (ANTARA News) - The fire that broke out at the Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) outlet at Terminal 2 of Jakartas Soekarno-Hatta Airport early on Thursday was caused by an electric stove, the police confirmed here on Thursday.

"The fire originated from an electric stove at the fast food restaurant," stated airport resort police chief Senior Commissioner C.H Pattopi.

He reported that two KFC workers had attempted to extinguish the fire emanating from the stove using a light fire extinguisher, but the fire spread, prompting the witnesses to seek help from a fire brigade.

Pattopi noted that their testimonies still had yet to be verified with the results of the police investigation.

Initially, it was believed that the fire was caused by a short circuit.

Several fast food restaurants at the terminal were temporarily closed due to the fire that broke out at around 2:30 a.m., on Thursday morning.

Some Garuda flights were also delayed due to the incident.

(Reporting by Achmad Irfan/Uu.H-YH/INE//KR-BSR/O001)

Comments