Mamuju, W Sulawesi (ANTARA News) - Two bodies suspected as passengers of AirAsia QZ8501 aircraft were found at Majene water, West Sulawesi, local authority reported.

"The administration of West Sulawesi, based on a report from Majene Police Resort office, stated there were two bodies suspected as passengers of AirAsia at Majene water," Governor of West Sulawesi Anwar Adnan Saleh said here Wednesday evening,

One of the two bodies was found at the east of Luaor beach, Pamboang Subdistrict, Majene District water, at around 08:00 am on Wednesday morning (Jan 28) by two local fishermen.

Medical officials of local hospital RSUD of Majene District identified the body, as shown on his passport, as Syaiful Rahmat, a resident of RT 009 RW009 of Halim Pedanakusumah Village, East Jakarta.

Syaiful is suspected as the technician officer of the ill-fated AirAsia aircraft.

The second body was identified by the medical officers as Joe Jong Fei, a resident of Taman Kendang Sari, Surabaya, East Java.

"The second body was found by a local fishermen named Abdul Rahman at water of Batu Taku Hamlet of Onang Village, Tubo Subdistrict, Majene District, 50 km from the shoreline," the Governor said.

On Wednesday (Jan.28), 32 days since AirAsia flight QZ8501 crashed, as many as 56 bodies of passengers have been identified, while DVI team is still in the process of identifying the bodies of 14 others.

The AirAsia Airbus A320-200 carrying 162 people had gone missing on the morning of December 28 after losing contact with air traffic control on its way from Surabaya, East Java, to Singapore.

Flight QZ8501 lost contact after the pilot sought permission to climb to 38 thousand feet from 32 thousand feet to avoid stormy weather over the sea between Bangka Belitung and West Kalimantan.

The aircraft carrying 155 passengers and seven crew members took off from Juanda International Airport in Surabaya at 5:36 a.m. local time and lost contact with the Jakarta air traffic control at 6:17 a.m. local time.

The plane, piloted by Captain Iriyanto and First Officer (FO) Remi Emmanuel Plesel, was scheduled to arrive in Singapore at 8:30 a.m. local time.

Seven foreigners were among the passengers of the missing jet. The foreign nationals comprised three Koreans, a Singaporean, a Briton, a Malaysian, and the French FO.(*)

Editor: Heru Purwanto
Copyright © ANTARA 2015