"Telkomsel follows government regulations, as stated in a press release from the Coordinating Minister for Political, Legal and Security Affairs and the Minister of Communication and Informatics, in Jakarta on Wednesday (22/5)," Telkomsel's General Manager of External Corporate Communications, Denny Abidin said in a statement received here on Wednesday.
The press release noted the gradual and temporary limitations in accessing a number of social media platforms, were in line with the latest situation.
Telkomsel Area Sumatra's Corporate Communication Manager, Hadi Sucipto, previously apologized for any inconvenience customers experienced in communicating on social media.
XL Axiata Region West Corporate Communication official, Aldi Desmet, also noted that there were temporary restrictions placed on the use of social media.
He asserted, following developments in the current situation, that operators, including XL Axiata, fully complied with government directives, as stated at a press conference, delivered by the Coordinating Minister for Political, Legal and Security Affairs and the Minister of Communication and Informatics on Wednesday.
The press release regarding restrictions to telecommunications services, especially social media services, was obeyed by operators, he said.
Earlier, a number of cellular customers reported that since 11.00 a.m. local time, there had been a network disruption, especially when accessing WhatsApp or WhatsApp down.