Soesatyo was supported by nine political factions in MPR and the Regional Representative Council (DPR) Group in MPR.
The plenary meeting of MPR led by temporary chairmen, Abdul Wahab Daimente (80) as the eldest MPR member, and Hiallary Brigitta Lasut (23) as the youngest member, at the Parliament Building, here on Thursday evening also announced nine new deputy chairmen of the MPR.
They are Ahmad Basarah of the PDIP Party, Ahmad Muzani from the Gerindra Party, Lestari Moerdijat from the Nasdem Party, Jazilul Fawaid from the PKB Party, Syarief Hasan from the Democratic Party (PD), Zulkifli Hasan from the PAN Party, Hidayat Nur Wahid from PKS, Arsul Sani from PPP, and Fadel Muhammad from the DPD Group in MPR.
Related news: Members of DPR, MPR, DPD for 2019-2024 period inaugurated
Related news: Official inauguration of DPR members for 2019-2024 held at Jakarta
On October 1, Puan Maharani, former coordinating minister for human development and culture and daughter of Megawati Soekarnoputri, chairwoman of the Indonesian Democratic Party of Struggle (PDI-P), was named the new Speaker of the House of Representatives (DPR) for the 2019-2024 legislative term.
Puan Maharani was sworn in together with new Deputy House Speakers, namely Azis Syamsuddin from Golkar, Sufmi Dasco Ahmad from Gerindra), Rahmat Gobel from Nasdem, and Abdul Muhaimin Iskandar from PKB.
In addition to this, the House of Representatives also endorsed the leadership line-up of nine factions in the DPR Tuesday night.
- The Indonesian Democratic Party of Struggle (PDIP) faction will announce its leadership on Wednesday, October 2.
- Golkar Party faction: Chief, Aziz Syamsuddin; Secretary, Adies Kadir; Treasurer, Muhidin.
- Greater Indonesia Movement (Gerindra) Party faction: Chief, Edhy Prabowo; Secretary, Desmond J Mahesa; Treasurer, Novita Wijayanti.
- National Democratic (NasDem) Party faction: Chief, Ahmad HM Ali; Secretary, Saan Mustofa; Treasurer, Ahmad Sahroni.
- National Awakening Party (PKB) faction: Chief, Cucun A Syamsurizal; Secretary, Fathan Subhi; Treasurer, Bertu Merlas.
- Democrat Party faction: Chief, Edhie Baskoro Yudhoyono; named of Secretary and Treasurer to be announced.
- Prosperous Justice Party (PKS) faction: Chief, Jazuli Juwaini; Secretary, Ledia Hanifa; Treasurer, Habib Aboe Bakar.
- National Mandate Party (PAN) faction: Chief, Mulfachri Harahap; Secretary, Yandri Susanto; Treasurer, Eko Hendro Purnomo.
Related news: PDIP hints that Puan Maharani to be House Speaker