Sleman, Yogyakarta (ANTARA) - A molotov cocktail bomb was hurled at a verandah of a house in Balecatur Village, Gamping Sub-district, here, on early Wednesday, though no casualties were reported in the incident.

Ngadilah, 52, recalled that the attack was launched by two unidentified men, who knocked at the front door of her house at around 2:45 a.m. local time.

She had just completed offering the Tahajud, or night prayer, when the men knocked at the door. All of a sudden, one of them threw a molotov cocktail bomb that shattered the glass window of her house's veranda.

She could smell gasoline shortly after the cocktail bomb was hurled. Fire gutted a chair and a window curtain, but it could swiftly be extinguished, while the two attackers rushed out of the veranda aboard a motorcycle.

"I get out of my house from the back door, but the attackers have left. Hence, I fail to identify them," she stated.

The local police are yet investigating the terror act.

Related news: Blast occurs at Central Jakarta's Monas Square area

Related news: Military spokesman denies blast in Jakarta's Monas Square an attack

On Dec 3, a smoke grenade blast ripped through the National Monument (Monas) Square in Central Jakarta, inflicting injuries to two army personnel, who were partaking in a fun walk at the capital city's iconic landmark.

The Jakarta Military Command (Kodam Jaya) confirmed that the smoke grenade blast, injuring two army personnel engaged in sports at the Monas Square area, was not an attack.

"No one launched an attack on them," Lt Col Zulhadrie, the Kodam Jaya spokesman, stated while adding that Sgt Major Fajar and Master Private Gunawan were partaking in sports and a fun walk at the Monas Square area along with their colleagues from the Jakarta garrison.

During the fun walk, they came across a plastic bag containing a smoke grenade. However, it exploded all of a sudden and caused injuries to the two ill-fated army personnel, who were then hospitalized at the Gatot Subroto Army Hospital (RSPAD).

In connection with this case, the Jakarta Metropolitan Police stated that Sgt Major Fajar and Master Private Gunawan were the eye witnesses in the blast since they were among those who firstly knew of the blast and heard it.

Related news: Monas' smoke grenade blast case left to police for probe: Jokowi Related news: Security to not be increased around Monas Square: Jakarta Police


Translator: Luqman H, Rahmad Nasution
Editor: Fardah Assegaf
Copyright © ANTARA 2019