The maximum capacity per class is 50 percent, then the maximum learning duration is until 12 noon
Jakarta (ANTARA) - Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan has assured that 85 percent of teachers who will participate in face-to-face learning have been vaccinated against COVID-19.

"Thank God, until today, 85 percent of teachers in Jakarta have been vaccinated, the rest 15 percent are those who have comorbidities," the governor informed during the groundbreaking ceremony for the At Tabayyun Meruya Mosque in West Jakarta, Friday.

Baswedan also confirmed that 610 schools in Jakarta will start face-to-face learning from Monday.

Related news: Jakarta allows 50-pct capacity at religious places during level-3 PPKM

The 610 schools have passed an inspection by the Jakarta Provincial Education Office and have taken part in the face-to-face learning test a few months ago, he informed.

However, due to the spike in COVID-19 cases, face-to-face learning was canceled before, he added.

He said he hoped that the trial face-to-face learning from Monday would run smoothly and in accordance with the provisions of the health protocol.

Earlier, spokesperson for the Jakarta Education Office, Taga Radja Gah, had said that face-to-face learning will be held alternately with online learning. Face-to-face learning will be held on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, and schools will be disinfected on Tuesdays and Thursdays, he added.

Related news: Jakarta governor allows schools to start face-to-face learning

"The maximum capacity per class is 50 percent, then the maximum learning duration is until 12 noon," he informed over phone.

The Education Office requires students participating in face-to-face learning to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and obtain the consent of their parents before attending school, he added.

Related news: Jakarta to conduct limited face-to-face classes during PPKM level 3

Referring to the vaccination rate, the spokesperson said that currently, 659,684 students, or 92.5 percent of the total 716,739 Jakarta students aged 12-17 years have been vaccinated, while 50,836 or 7.15 percent of the students have not been inoculated.

Meanwhile, vaccination for teachers and school staff is considered complete because the majority who have not been vaccinated are those who have comorbidities, he informed.

Related news: Jakarta office engineers traffic flow at Glodok-Kota MRT site

Related news: Jakarta residents' mobility fall 30 percent amid PPKM

Translator: Walda Marison, Raka Adji
Editor: Fardah Assegaf
Copyright © ANTARA 2021