Police release dentist Yuni for lack of evidence

Mataram, West Nusa Tenggara (ANTARA News) - Police released dentist Yuni Ardie (46) who was arrested along with Kam in Bima, West Nusa Tenggara, on April 13 after finding not enough evidence showing involvement in terrorism.

Yuni meanwhile said here on Sunday he would not complain about his arrest in the street by national police Densus 88 anti-terror unit.

"It was not a problem. I could understand the police`s use of the law on terrorism to arrest any suspect with a warrant to be produced later. It was no problem," he said when contacted to explain about his arrest and release.

Yuni had undergone intensive interrogation at the national police headquarters after being arrested in Bima. He had been alleged to have hidden a wanted terrorist suspect and so was linked to a terrorist cell.

He arrived at Sultan Muhammad Salahuddin airport in Bima on Sunday afternoon, welcomed by his family including his mother who specially traveled from East Java to meet him.

Yuni was arrested by Densus 88 when he was riding a motorbike with Kam on Jalan Melati on the way to the mosque for a Friday prayer located around 200 meter from his home.

Kam is still under intensive investigation at the national police headquarters. He was identified of being involved in a number of terrorist activities including in a terrorist cell of Cikampek, West Java.

Kam is known to have participated in a terrorist camp in Aceh and also as a weapon expert. H is also reported to have been involved in terrorism in Poso and later fled and hid in Bima.

Yuni said he had fulfilled interrogation procedures implemented by Densus 88. He said he had been treated proportionately and had never been tortured and treated harshly and have even been given proper food and lodging.

He said he had explained his acquaintance with Kam who he later employed as a staff member in his practicing office.

"I only employed that person in my practicing office. He came to ask for work and I saw he was a good man and so I then hired him. I did not know his past activities. He told me he came from Jakarta," he said.

Yuni said he did not believe Kam who worked for him three months ago had been identified as being involved in terrorism.

Yuni said he had been a resident of Bima since five or seven years ago and had been practicing as a dentist on Jalan Soekarno-Hatta in Bima and later in his home in Pane neighborhood n Rasa Na`e Barat.