VP Boediono visits Megawati on Idul Fitri

Jakarta (ANTARA News) - Vice President Boediono visited Megawati Soekarnoputri at the latters residence on Jalan Teuku Umar, Central Jakarta, on Monday to extend "Idul Fitri" wishes.

Boediono accompanied by his wife Herawati arrived at the former presidents residence at around 12.35 pm following several cabinet ministers.

Boediono was finance minister when Megawati Soekarnoputri was president.

Tjahjo Kumolo, the secretary general of the Indonesia Democratic Party Struggle (PDIP), which is led by Megawati, said that she did not hold open house this year because she wished to celebrate it only with her close relatives and friends.

"So, all her guests had visited on their own initiative. She is still mourning her husband Taufik Kiemass death a year ago," he said.

After around half an hour, Vice President Boediono left Megawatis house, led to the door by Megawati and her daughter Puan Maharani and former environment minister Emil Salim, who also happened to exchange greetings.

The ministers who had come to Megawatis residence for extending Idul Fitri greetings included chief economic minister Chairul Tanjung, house minister Djan Fariz, defense minister Purnomo Yusgiantoro, and manpower minister Muhaimin Iskandar.

Tjahjo said that the arrival of the vice president and ministers was usual with regard to Idul Fitri, and so, he called on the people not to exaggerate it and associate it with the upcoming transition of national leadership from President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono to president-elect Joko "Jokowi" Widodo, who is a PDIP cadre.

Jokowi with Jusuf Kalla as his running mate had been declared by the General Elections Commission (KPU) as the winner of the July 9 election.

His rival Prabowo Subianto, who had paired with Hatta Rajasa, however had challenged the KPUs decision with the Constitutional Court citing massive fraud.

In view of that, the court will conduct a session in August to settle the case.

Chief economic minister Chairul Tanjung said that no meeting had been held between the current government and either camp of the presidential and vice presidential candidates with regard to the draft budget for 2015.

"We are still awaiting the Constitutional Courts ruling," he said. 

Reported by Indra Arief Pribadi


Comments