Tokyo, Jan. 21, 2021 (Antara/Kyodo JBN-AsiaNet) -
- Using Online Environment amid COVID-19 Pandemic, Matchmaking Event for Venture Capitalists and Start-ups Held to Promote Global Investment -
CyberAgent Capital, Inc. announced on Jan. 21 that "Monthly Pitch Asia"
( https://monthly-pitch.com/asia/en.html ), its biggest global monthly fundraising event for start-ups in Japan targeted to Southeast Asia, was held online.
Since time is crucial and limited, the company started "Monthly Pitch"
( https://monthly-pitch.com/ ) where early-stage entrepreneurs can quickly meet investors active in Asia, allowing them to spend minimal time on fundraising and concentrate on their business as much as possible.
January 2021 marking the 44th time, CyberAgent Capital has been holding this monthly event since 2016, with 330 companies taking the stage -- making it the largest fundraising event in Japan.
The latest event, which under normal circumstances is held offline, took place online on January 13, 2021, featuring pitches from six Southeast Asian start-ups and meetings between start-ups and investors from all over the world. The previous "Monthly Pitch" was an overseas edition held in Jakarta in 2019.
Start-ups that took the stage
- Kyna (Vietnam): Online education marketplace -- a leading online education service in Vietnam, providing English and mathematics courses for kids.
- Edoctor (Vietnam): Online health platform service in Vietnam.
- TheBank (Vietnam): A pricing comparison service for financial products in Vietnam.
- Getlinks (Thailand): Online recruitment platform for IT personnel in Thailand.
- Viddsee (Indonesia, Singapore): The world's largest professional creator platform for short movies in Southeast Asia.
- Moladin (Indonesia): The biggest EC platform service specializing in motorbikes and cars.
Comments from start-ups
"CyberAgent Capital put together an impressive and relevant group of investors and industry leaders, who are leaders in their respective fields in Japan and who also have a real interest in deepening their investments in and business expansion to Southeast Asia. The CAC team was an early pioneer into Southeast Asia, and thus has strong knowledge and access to founders via their portfolio companies as well as founders' network. We are excited to strengthen our joint efforts to bring more Japanese partners down as Japan is a key member of the RCEP scheme that contributes significant impact to the Southeast Asian and RCEP regions." (Keenan Kwok, CEO, GetLinks)
About CyberAgent Capital, Inc.
An investment enterprise leading global innovation jointly with unicorn start-ups.
Official website: https://www.cyberagentcapital.com/en/
For more information, please see Monthly Pitch's website
- Monthly Pitch Asia Home Page
Source: CyberAgent Capital, Inc.