Denpasar (ANTARA) - The bed occupancy rate for non-intensive isolation at COVID-19 referral hospitals in Bali has reached 51.11 percent, the Bali Health Office reported on Friday.

"From the total capacity of non-intensive isolation beds in 62 referral hospitals, totaling 2,338 beds, 1,195 beds have been filled (51.11 percent)," acting head of the Bali Health Office, Made Rentin, said in Denpasar.

As of Thursday (February 10, 2022), the capacity of non-intensive isolation beds at referral hospitals was capped at 1,143, or 48.89 percent of the total capacity, he informed.

"Those who are being treated at referral hospitals are COVID-19 patients with moderate and severe symptoms. Meanwhile, for cases with mild symptoms, some are undergoing self-isolation, or are being treated at isolation centers," Rentin said.

Of the 1,195 occupied hospital beds, 349 are in Denpasar city, followed by Badung district (188 beds), he added.

Meanwhile, 143 beds are occupied in Gianyar, 141 in Buleleng Regency, 102 in Tabanan, 98 in Klungkung, 95 in Karangasem, 54 in Bangli, and 25 in Jembrana, he said.

Meanwhile, 235 beds have been prepared for intensive isolation at ICUs, he added.

"As of February 10, the bed occupancy rate for intensive isolation has been capped at 87 beds (37.02 percent), leaving some 148 beds (62.98 percent) to remain," he pointed out.

Related news: Number of COVID-19 patients at Wisma Atlet hospital declines by 74

Patients with severe symptoms are being treated in ICUs, and on average, they have a history of congenital disease, he said.

The rampant Omicron spread in Bali has triggered a spike in positive cases of COVID-19 in the last two weeks, Rentin noted.

As of Thursday, 16,570 active COVID-19 cases have been recorded in Bali, he said. Of the total patients, 1,282 or 7.74 percent have been admitted at referral hospitals, he added.

At least 847 or 5.11 percent patients have been placed in isolation centers, and 14,441 or 87.15 percent patients have been undergoing self-isolation, Rentin said.

Related news: Be more vigilant as hospital's BOR surges: Patria

Translator: Ni Luh R, Mecca Yumna
Editor: Rahmad Nasution
Copyright © ANTARA 2022