Jakarta (ANTARA) - The Ministry of State-Owned Enterprises (SOEs) has completed 90 percent of all strategic projects and is targeting to complete the remaining 10 percent before President Joko Widodo's administration ends.

"This is part of the SOEs' support to the government in a strategic program that is expected to increase economic growth, equitable development, community welfare, and regional development," SOEs Minister Erick Thohir noted in a written statement here on Tuesday.

Thohir stated that the ministry had formed a Strategic Delivery Unit (SDU) that was directly supervised by the SOEs minister and the SOEs deputy minister to encourage accelerated completion of the SOEs project.

"Their task is to oversee the achievement of 88 strategic projects under the SOEs Minister. The results are effective. By the end of this year, most of the strategic projects will be completed," Minister Thohir remarked.

The realization of the completion of 88 strategic projects is one symbol of the transformation that has been successfully implemented since the start of Thohir's leadership at the ministry.

The SOEs minister said he took the transformation steps after identifying three problems within the ministry.

"The first one is the organization in the SOEs Ministry that tends to be bureaucratic. Second is that the SOEs organization is too large and unfocused. The third is the absence of a binding value," the minister stated.

Apart from identifying problems, Minister Thohir is also striving to expand the scope of SOEs transformation on a large scale. He said this was done by cutting bureaucracy at the ministry by making significant governance changes that were considered more efficient.

He then also formed a team based on corporate work patterns that facilitated coordination between SOEs and the SOEs Ministry as its supervisor.

The division of teams is also carried out clearly, including the Legal and Legislative Team, the Finance and Risk Management Team, and the Human Resources, Technology and Information Team.

Related news: 170 national strategic projects complete as of Oct 4: minister
Related news: Vice President Amin inaugurates five strategic projects in West Papua

Translator: Maria Cicilia Galuh Prayudhia, Katriana
Editor: Rahmad Nasution
Copyright © ANTARA 2023