"Thats right Your Honor. In 2013, in the run-up to the end of my term I was contacted by Irman, the suspect I, saying that there was a small fortune," Diah Anggraini said in reply to the presiding judge question in the Jakarta Corruption Court session on Thursday.
Anggraini admitted that she first received US$300 thousand from Irman. The money was delivered to her house by a staffer of Irman, then director general of Citizenship and Civil Records.
The former Home Affairs Ministrys secretary general also admitted to have received money from Andi Agustinus worth US$200 thousand. She happened to ask about the money to Andi who answered that nobody was thinking of him or herself.
Anggraini also claimed that after two days of receiving the money, she contacted Irman to return the money. She was intending to return the money but Irman said if the money was returned it would mean a suicide.
"I had no courage to tell my family Your Honor. I kept the money until it was bubbled," she said.
She also admitted that not until she was questioned by the Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) did she know that the money was linked to the e-ID card project. She said she would returned the money.
Anggraini testified as a witness for two suspects, namely Irman and Sugiharto who were charged to have incurred a loss to the state amounting to Rp2.3 trillion in the e-ID card project corruption case.
On Thursday, former home affairs minster Former home affairs minister Gamawan Fauzi also visited the Jakarta Corruption Court to give testimony as a witness in a corruption case pertaining to the electronic identity card (e-ID car) project.
During a previous court session, the prosecutors indictment cited the role of Fauzi who was home affairs minister for the 2009-2014 term in the procurement of the e-ID project.
"In November 2009, Fauzi had urged the finance minister to change the source of the projects financing from foreign grant loans to pure state budget," the prosecutor of the Corruption Eradication Commission Eva Yustisiana had stated at the Jakarta Corruption Court on Thursday (Mar 9).
Yustisiana said the ministers request was later discussed during a working meeting between the House of Representatives (DPR) and the Home Affairs Ministry.
In this case, former director general of Citizenship and Civil Records,Irman, and former planning bureau chief at the Directorate General of Citizenship and Civil Records of the Home Affairs Ministry Sugiharto were charged along with Novanto, the former faction chairman of the Golkar Party in the DPR; Andi Agustinus alias Andi Narogong, the goods and service supplier at the home affairs ministry; Dia Anggraeni, the secretary general of the home affairs ministry; and Drajat Wisnu Setyawan, the chief organizer for the project procurement, for corruption in the e-ID card procurement project for the 2011-2012 period.
In May 2010, Irman met Fauzi, Anggraeni, M. Nazaruddin, Agustinus, and several members of Commission II at that time -- Chaeruman Harahap, Ganjar Pranowo, Taufik Efendi, Teguh Djuwarno, Ignatius Mulyono, Mustoko Weni, and Arief Wibowo -- in the working room of Commission II of the DPR to discuss the e-ID card project as a priority program to be financed with a state budget fund on a multi-year basis.
The meeting also reached an agreement that Agustinus will be entrusted with implementing the project, as he was already familiar with the Home Affairs Ministry.
Weni guaranteed that Agustinus will offer a fee to the DPR members and several officials at the Home Affairs Ministry. Agustinus had agreed to it.
Fauzi then sent a letter on December 21, 2010, to Finance Minister Agus Martowardojo to seek his consent for using a multi-year contract for the e-ID procurement project. This was the second request, as the first one had been rejected.
In order to anticipate a similar rejection, Agustinus gave US$1 million to Anggraeni to facilitate the discussion on the multi-year contract.
On June 21, 2011, under the proposal of Sugiharto, Fauzi assigned the consortium of state-owned printing house firm (PNRI) as the winner of the auction, with a price offering of Rp5.81 trillion, followed by the signing of the contract.
However, until March 2012, the PNRI consortium was unable to complete its work target of issuing 65.34 million e-ID forms worth Rp1.045 trillion, prompting Fauzi to seek additional funds worth Rp1.49 trillion from the 2013 revised state budget.
During the e-ID card procurement process in March 2011, Sugiharto, through Yosep Sumartono, again received $800 thousand from Agustinus.
Furthermore, Agustinus gave US$2 million to Fauzi through Afdal Noverman, so that the auction of the e-ID project would not be cancelled by Fauzi.
"In order to facilitate the assignment of the auction winner, in mid-June of 2011, Andi Agustinus once again gave US$2.5 million to Fauzi through his brother Azmin Aulia, so that until June 21, 2011, Fauzi, based on the memo of the chief auction organizer, decided to name the PNRI consortium as the winner of the auction, with an offer of Rp5.84 trillion," the prosecutor explained.
On April 16, 2012, Irman had received $700 thousand from Agustinus. Of this amount, US$100 thousand was handed over to Sugiharto, US$300 thousand to Anggraeni, and according to Fauzis instruction, Rp500 million was to be used to finance a working meeting and national seminar of the Village Government Association throughout Indonesia in Yogyakarta on March 24, 2014. The rest of the money was given to Irman.
Hence, in this case, Fauzi had allegedly received US$4.5 million and Rp50 million.(*)