"These actions violate the main points of human rights, namely the freedom to worship God and also the deprivation of the right to life by force," GP Ansor General Chairman Yaqut Cholil Qoumas said, in a written statement received in Jakarta on Friday.
For this reason, he condemned the shooter, noting that the suspect must be punished as severely as possible. The freedom of humans to worship their Lord has been plagued by brutal acts that transcend humanity.
He added that non-group cell violence by offending religious sentiment is the latest war strategy of forces that want to destroy world security for their own interests.
"Power with evil interests will never stop taking action until their agenda is realized. This agenda dominates the world in the right way and according to the group," he said.
Gus Yaqut said after the ISIS armed group had been defeated, then the second generation of Al Qaeda emerged and also the rise of non-group cells that were carrying out "warming up" actions, including the latest radicalism in Sibolga, North Sumatra, on March 12, 2019.
"This is a signal that they are sounding and demands that we, as citizens of Indonesia, always must be vigilant and maintain peace, especially in the current political year," he said.
GP Ansor also asked all Indonesian people, from all religious groups, to always maintain harmony with their fellow citizens.
For this reason, Yaqut stressed the need to prioritize four pillars of nationality above all temporary interests which are currently raging and keep Indonesia peaceful, conducive and safe.
"Hopefully all victims of the Al Noor Mosque tragedy, Christchurch City, New Zealand, will be given the best place by Allah SWT and we, in Indonesia, are always given clarity of thought and uphold the commitment to keep our beloved country safe and peaceful amid the diversity of our people," he said.
In the meantime, Chairman of Muhammadiyah's Central Executive, Bahtiar Effendy, invited Muslims in New Zealand not to lessen their faith in Islam, despite the tragedy of shooting mosque goers in New Zealand.
To New Zealand Muslims, Bahtiar said they have to remain strong and not recede a step in Islam, and must preach in New Zealand.
The Chairperson of PP Muhammadiyah, in the field of Relations and Foreign Cooperation, expressed his deepest condolences for the victims of the shooting tragedy.
He said those who died because of the shooting belonged to Allah or were martyred.
"Those who died were martyrs who received a place of honor before humans and Allah 'azza wa jalla'. May the families left behind be given patience," he added.
Bahtiar said Muhammadiyah strongly condemned the shooting, which was actually a barbaric massacre, terrorist act and hostility towards Muslims, regardless of their motives and whoever did it.
The Chairperson of PP Muhammadiyah praised the Indonesian government's statement and swift attitude, which took diplomatic steps and urged to immediately take further diplomatic steps and humanitarian actions to help, evacuate and rescue Indonesian citizens who were victims.
He also appealed to Indonesian Muslims to be calm, not to make statements that will worsen the atmosphere, or take counter-productive steps.
Indonesian Muslims, he said, should build solidarity and pray together for salvation and support the struggle for Muslim da'wah in New Zealand.
Bahtiar also urged the New Zealand government to thoroughly investigate the motives and perpetrators of the massacre and mastermind, and provide the most severe penalties.
"The New Zealand government is to improve security and protect all citizens, especially Muslims, to be able to live peacefully and safely carry out religious teachings," he added.
Following the bloody massacre, the Indonesian government condemned the brutal shootings at two mosques during the Friday prayers in the New Zealand city of Christchurch in which 49 people were killed and 20 others suffered injuries, which included two Indonesians.
Indonesian Foreign Minister Retno L. P. Marsudi stated that six Indonesian citizens were inside the mosque when the shootings occurred. Three of them survived the shootings, while two others were being hospitalized and the other remains unaccounted.
Following the terrorist attacks, all Indonesians living in Christchurch and other cities in New Zealand have been advised to remain cautious and to be vigilant. According to the Foreign Ministry, of the 331 Indonesians in Christchurch, 134 are students.
Marsudi confirmed that the Foreign Ministry's officials continue to coordinate with their colleagues at the Indonesian Embassy in Wellington to gain confirmation on the conditions of the three unaccounted Indonesians, in the aftermath of the assaults.
"I have continued to keep in touch with our ambassador in Wellington to know the condition of our three citizens," she remarked, adding that the Indonesian Embassy had also dispatched a team to Christchurch, which is some 440 kilometers from Wellington.
The team members will coordinate with the New Zealand security authorities, hospitals, and the Indonesian Students Association (PPI) in Christchurch, she said.
Indonesian families seeking detailed information and consular assistance can contact hotline numbers +64211950980 and +64 22 3812 065, provided by the Indonesian Embassy in Wellington, New Zealand's capital city.
New Zealand's Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern called the incidents, "one of New Zealand's darkest days," it was reported.
According to The Daily Guardian, the New Zealand police also discovered multiple explosive devices attached to cars, and Commissioner Mike Bush urged all mosques across the country to close their doors for the time being.
Four people are in custody – three men and one woman – after the shootings, which Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison called a "right wing extremist attack." One suspect was Australian-born, he was quoted by The Guardian as saying.
Copyright ANTARA © 2019