The government allocated Rp4.97 trillion as stimulus -- Rp2.43 trillion for the third quarter and Rp2.54 trillion for the fourth quarter of 2021, ESDM's electricity director general, Rida Mulyana, noted.
Despite the grant, people still need to save electricity and use it safely, he reiterated on Wednesday in Jakarta.
Meanwhile, PLN's commerce and customer management director, Bob Saril, said he hoped that the continuation of the aid would drive the productivity of people and businesses, as well as help raise the public’s purchasing power amid the pandemic.
“We (PT PLN Persero) always support and carry out the government’s regulation to give the stimulus to the people in need and enterprises affected by COVID-19,” he said.
The mechanisms for extending the stimulus in the fourth quarter of 2021 are stated as following:
1. The extension of electricity discounts for households, businesses, and industries will be regulated as:
a. Households with 450 VA [R-1 (Household 1)/TR (Low Voltage) 450 VA], small businesses with 450 VA [B-1 (Business 1)/TR 450 VA], and small industries with 450 VA [I-1 (Industry 1)/TR 450 VA]:
1) Post-paid: granted 50 percent discount or completely free usage and subscription fee;
2) Pre-paid: granted 50 percent discount on the purchase of token-code electricity quotas;
b. Households with 900 VA on subsidy (R-1/TR 900 VA):
1) Post-paid: granted 25 percent discount on usage and subscription fee;
2) Pre-paid: granted 25 percent discount on the purchase of token-code electricity quotas;
2. Waiver on the minimum bill of 50 percent for customers whose energy usage is under the minimum bill (40 operation hours) will apply to:
a. Social Category Customers with 1,300 VA and more [S-2 (Social 2)/TR 1300 VA to S-3/TM (Medium Voltage) > 200 kVA];
b. Business Category Customers with 1,300 VA and more [B-1 (Business 1)/TR 1300 VA to B-3/TM > 200 kVA];
c. Industrial Category Customers with 1300 VA and more [I-1 (Industry 1)/TR 1300 VA to I-4/TT (High Voltage) 30,000 kVA and more];
and, the customers will pay the bill based on their energy usage.
3. Waiver on minimum bill of 50 percent for Special Category Customers, according to the Electricity Sale and Purchase Agreement (SPJBTL).
4. The 50-percent waiver on subscription fee will be granted to:
a. Social Category Customers with 220 VA, 450 VA, and 900 VA (S-1/TR 220 VA to S-2/TR 900 VA);
b. Business Category Customers with 900 VA (B-1/TR 900 VA); and,
c. Industrial Category Customers with 900 VA (I-1/TR 900VA).
Related news: Government extends electricity-relief scheme until September 2020
Related news: Hope wage subsidy increases people's purchasing power: Jokowi