Nur Rohman believed to be suicide bomber in Solo attack

Nur Rohman believed to be suicide bomber in Solo attack

The police took the body bag of Nur Rohman, a suicide bomber at the City Police Headquarters in Solo, Central Java, on Tuesday (July 5, 2016). (ANTARA/Maulana Surya)

He fled with bombs when he was about to be arrested and was last detected in East Java ..."
Solo (ANTARA News) - The suicide bombing in Solo, Central Java, on Tuesday morning is believed to have been carried out by 31-year-old Nur Rohman, a villager of Sangkrah, Pasar Kliwon.

"Nur Rohman, a villager of Sangkrah, Solo, is believed to be the perpetrator of the suicide bombing that occurred in front of the Integrated Police Service Center," National Police Chief General Badrodin Haiti remarked.

Haiti revealed that Rohman was a resident of Solo and was allegedly a member of the Abu Musaf group that was apprehended in Bekasi last year. Rohman was caught along with Andika and Ali on New Years Eve, and the strength of their group later increased to seven.

General Haiti said Rohman, however, managed to escape with three bombs.

To ascertain the identity of the suspect, the police are awaiting the results of his DNA test, which would possibly be available in the next two days.

"He fled with bombs when he was about to be arrested and was last detected in East Java, but thereafter, his whereabouts were not known," he noted.

Haiti said the police had lost his trace, while his target was the police, including the Surakarta (Solo) Police Station.

"The police found that he would attack the police station in Surakarta and other areas, but when it would be executed was not known," he added.

In connection with the incident, General Haiti called on the people to stay calm as the police would continue to track down terror suspects and intensify security during the Eid al-Fitr holiday.

(Reporting by Bambang Dwi Marwoto/Uu.H-YH/INE/KR-BSR)

Comments