"We have just agreed to extend social assistance again during a meeting with Mrs. Risma (social affairs minister), Mrs. finance minister, BI governor, and several other colleagues," Coordinating Minister for Maritime Affairs and Investment, Luhut Binsar Pandjaitan, who is also the coordinator for the emergency PPKM for Java and Bali, said at an online press conference here on Thursday.
He said the aid will hopefully alleviate the financial burden on people with low incomes, particularly when the emergency PPKM is in force from July 3 to July 20, 2021.
"With the assistance, their sufferings will not increase. This is very important to know. The President's instruction is loud and clear. So, don't let the people continue to suffer," the minister remarked.
The emergency PPKM will be implemented in districts and cities listed as level 4 in terms of the pandemic situation and 74 districts and cities listed as level 3 in Java and Bali, he informed. The criteria refers to the World Health Organization (WHO) indicator based on the transmission rate and response capacity, he said.
The districts and cities, with the pandemic situation at level 4, that will implement emergency PPKM from July 3 - July 20, 2021 include:
1. The cities of South Tangerang, Tangerang, and Serang in Banten.
2. The districts of Purwakarta, Karawang and Bekasi, and the cities of Tasikmalaya, Sukabumi, Depok, Cirebon, Cimahi, Bogor, Bekasi, Banjar, and Bandung in West Java.
3. West Jakarta, East Jakarta, South Jakarta, North Jakarta, Central Jakarta, and Seribu Islands district in Jakarta.
4. The districts of Sukoharjo, Rembang, Pati, Kudus Klaten, Kebumen, Grobogan, and Banyumas, and the cities of Tegal, Surakarta, Semarang, Salatiga, and Magelang in Central Java.
5. The districts of Sleman and Bantul and Yogyakarta City in Yogyakarta.
6. The districts of Tulungagung, Sidoarjo, Madiun, and Lamongan, and the cities of Surabaya, Mojokerto, Malang, Madiun, Kediri, Blitar, and Batu in East Java.
Meanwhile, the districts and cities, with the pandemic situation at level 3, that will implement emergency PPKM include:
1. The districts of Tangerang, Serang and Lebak, and the city of Cilegon in Banten.
2. The districts of Sumedang, Sukabumi, Subang, Pangandaran, Majalengka, Kuningan, Indramayu, Garut, Cirebon, Cianjur, Ciamis, Bogor, West Bandung, and Bandung in West Java.
3. The districts of Wonosobo, Wonogiri, Temanggung, Tegal, Sragen, Semarang, Purworejo, Purbalingga, Pemalang, Magelang, Pekalongan Kendal, Karanganyar, Jepara, Demak, Cilacap, Brebes, Boyolali, Blora, Batang, and Banjarnegara and the city of Pekalongan in Central Java.
4. The districts of Kulon Progo and Gunungkidul in Yogyakarta.
5. The districts of Tuban, Trenggalek, Situbondo, Sampang, Ponorogo, Pasuruan, Pamekasan, Pacitan, Ngawi, Nganjuk, Mojokerto, Malang, Magetan Lumajang, Kediri, Jombang, Jember, Gresik, Bondowoso, Bojonegoro, Blitar, Banyuwangi, and Bangkalan, and the cities of Probolinggo and Pasuruan in East Java.
6. The city of Denpasar, and the districts of Jembrana, Buleleng, Badung, Gianyar, Klungkung, and Bangli in Bali.
Related news: COVID-19: Govt to test 324,283 people daily during emergency PPKM
Related news: Jokowi calls for calm during emergency restrictions against COVID-19